Steamed king fish @ home

Monday, February 21, 2011
I went to Aranque market around 12 noon. Only to find out that the vendors are only half day. There's only one store left open, selling King Fish and Lapu-lapu. I bought 3 King Fish for P280 per kilo. I planned to cook a steamed king fish.

Good thing, I found this helpful blog:
http://www.mymomfriday.com/2009/11/steamed-king-fish-in-light-soy.html

King fish is just a family of Tilapia it is the slimiest fish I've ever cleaned. Though, the market vendor already removed the intestines, gills and scales still I need to re-clean it.

I place ginger strips inside the fish, slice both sides and let it steam or 20-25 minutes. And then for the sauce I mixed ginger, onion leaves, water, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar and cajun spice (I just found this at our rack ^-^ )

As per the blog, there's this Cantonese method pour a hot oil over the steamed fish. Oh well, thats what I understand. So I heated oil on the pan and then pour it over the steamed fish.




Here's the sauce:



I also steamed brocolli for much healthier effect.
There it goes ...



I was not able to take a pic of the finish product.
But you can already imagine, I just transferred the sauce.

Achi and John said that it's good or maybe they are just being kind. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment